Monday 9 May 2011

Sing along - lost voice

As well as having the jelly baby dance to the music I wanted her to sing along to parts of the music using various mouth shapes for the phonemes. I chose to use http://www.garycmartin.com/phoneme_examples.html for image guidance of each phoneme. I decided that the best way to animate between the different mouth shapes would be to use a morpher modifier thereby setting up different channels for each individual phoneme required and as such creating a smooth transition between the mouth movements.

As stated in an earlier blog post I had attached a  FFD box to the mouth shape using bind space warp. To this end I was unsure whether to apply the modifier to the mouth shape, the FFD box or both together. To find the answer I experimented with each method until I got the right one. Unfortunately none of the above methods created any movement with the exception of the mouth alone when the movement occured along the x,y and z axis of the world space.


No comments:

Post a Comment